Some history on Yoga!
Skip to This Section
Yoga is a group of physical, mental, breathing, and spiritual practices or disciplines that originated in ancient India, aimed at controlling and stilling the mind and strengthening the body.
Yoga’s origins can be traced to northern India over 5,000 years ago. The word yoga was first mentioned in ancient sacred texts called the Rig Veda. The Vedas are a set of four ancient sacred texts written in Sanskrit. – Source Wikipedia
Looking for Yoga Poses ideas?
Here Fran gives you some yoga posing ideas. You can train with her in Playa del Carmen, MX.
Yoga Tips for Beginners
- Find a great yoga teacher
- Learn to breathe and meditate and practice daily
- Respect your body’s inner wisdom and limitations
- Don’t compare yourself with others
- Enjoy the journey!
- Wear loose comfortable clothing
- Make practice frequent
If you need fitness or yoga photos in the Riviera Maya, Mexico please contact us for more info.